Todays post is going to be about being comfortable in your own space.
Recently I was watching a show, I believe it’s called family reunion. Well anyway, this episode was about being happy with who you are. I believe there are a lot of us who aren’t completely happy with who we are. We’re always trying to get better, and there’s nothing wrong with that, but you have to appreciate who you are because who you are is what’s allowing you to think bigger and expound on your personal development.
There have and are still many times I have to remind myself of this same thing. If you’re not careful wanting to alter who you are can become an obsession, that has the ability to lead to a state of depression. That’s if you don’t do anything about it.
That’s one of the main reason we are told to make small changes to achieve our goals, no matter what that goal is. What’s going to happen if you change your habits to fast, it’s going to start to feel forced and unmotivating. Then you’re going to become frustrated because the changes aren’t happening fast enough. So take your time and it will happen eventually.
5 Tips to change your habits for the better
- Start slow– This is not a race. The quicker you make the process, the faster you fail.
- Consistency– In order for there to be any change, you’re going to have to be consistent and intentional about your change for the better.
- Focus– This is needed to make any kind of change. You loose focus, you loose your motivation. To avoid this from happening take time out of every day to focus on why that one thing is important to you. This will motivate you to keep going.
- Set Goals & milestones– This will help you to stay motivated for the long run. And other than just feeling good about your accomplishments, you’ll be proud of yourself because you manage to stick with it.
- Rewards– This gives you an incentive to accomplish your goals other than the end result. Being rewarded for doing something has always made the task at hand a little easier, because you knew you were getting something for your hard work. It’s one of the biggest motivators.
If there is something you want to do, but you’re like me (easily unmotivated) you have to find a system that works. This is one I believe will. I’m gonna try it out and let you know what happened. I suggest you try it also. I would love to know what happened.
I hope you all have a beautiful blessed day.
Photos Provided By: https://ollelindholm.com/change-habits/, https://hackernoon.com/how-to-change-your-habits-813c038d3b63