If you’re in your mid to late 30’s or older and you’re single, why do you think that is?…..
I think there’re more single people out there in this day and age because things have truly changed since the birth of Millennials. I’m a Millennial and I recognize how times have changed since I was little. People use to value things like family and keeping each other safe. Not saying there aren’t people who still have those values. Many people these days have a tendency to try and find people they can use for what they have. Aside from that there’s a laundry list of “Why are you still single after 30 and beyond”. I’m going to try my best to touch on every reason “I” feel people are still single at this age.
Reasons people are still single in their 30’s and beyond
- Community– There’s a good chance the type of person you’re looking for isn’t in the spaces you occupy. Finding a way to better improve your chance of finding Mr. Right/ Mrs. Right improves when you expand the types of friends you make and the spaces you choose to frequent.
- Getting to know Yourself– Take as much time as you need to get to know yourself. Even if you want to have babies and you feel your biological clock is ticking. Nothing is more important than you getting to know “You”. I’m sure you don’t want to get entangled with someone quickly, then a few years down the line find out the person you ended up with is nothing like the person you thought you were getting. This happened because you failed to take the opportunity to get to know yourself. As a result of this you had ‘No’ boundaries set. With no boundaries in place this person was able to come into your life and flip it upside down with as little as a breathe.
- Trauma – Trauma not only happens as a child, it could introduce itself into your life within seconds. Truth is everyone has some form of trauma, and that’s something we have to learn to heal so we can become fully abundant vessels of manifestation. Too many times we allow our past traumas to dictate how we make our way through life. If this is something you’re struggling with, please find a way to bring your suffering to an end. This can be done in so many ways. A few examples: Shadow work, Meditation, Exercise, Spend time with yourself learning to love you doing something you love. Also take the time to appreciate who you are. Rest is also great medicine. Lastly nutrition; you eat good you feel good.
- Not one single positive representation of a good relationship– It’s hard to obtain something you’ve never had or seen. This happens because you haven’t taken the time to figure out what it is that makes you happy.
- No Boundaries– This will make any relationship crash and burn. Think about it; if you have ‘No Boundaries’ anyone can ask you or get you to do anything because you haven’t learned how to respect or value yourself. In a nutshell that’s exactly what it boils down to.
- Need for Freedom– Sometimes you don’t want to be responsible for checking in with anyone. Don’t think you’re selfish because of it. Sometimes you just need that time to just ‘Be’.
- Haven’t found the 1– You haven’t found that person you wouldn’t mind inconveniencing your life for. That someone you would want to spend the rest of your life with. Not because of monetary gain, attractions or any of the other distractions. But because they make you ‘Happy’.
- Haven’t quite learned how to trust– This one is pretty self explanatory.
- Confidence– Confident or people lacking confidence are more often then not going to be attracted to someone who is confident in who they are. Most men and women don’t want a person they’re going to have to constantly reassure. Lack of confidence is a major factor in keeping and maintaining a fruitful relationship.
Inconclusion having a relationship can be your cherry on top. Meaning you possess all the ingredients to make that Bomb A** Sundae (Your Life/Life Experiences). That cherry(Your significant other) is the bonus to make the whole thing that much sweeter.
You Are Enough
Photo Provided By: Ice Cream Sundae Bar